In this episode we interview Maria Van Le of LeVan Books.
Maria makes her own beautiful notebooks - of which Helen has purchased a few. They are exquisite, hand made and use some top notch material.
In this episode:
- Helen talks about her 6 ink pens - and decides she needs more (or not).
- Maria talks about her passion for glass ink pens, water colour painting and using her own books
- Maria explains how she started making books for her daughter and her friends, before making them for other people
- Maria is self taught and a perfectionist - always ensuring her books meet her own high standards - therefore delighting the customer
- Maria mentions Shepherds book binding (bookbinding.co.uk) - a cool store where she gets many of her materials from.
- Rob realises Shepherds is not too far from his office….credit card ready
- Maria explains how long books take to make and how precise she needs to be
- We discuss GSM paper thickness and their different uses.
- Maria also shares the 5 things she would take to a desert island
- Maria also shares why she set up the Etsy store and how you can get your own custom notebook
You can find Maria on Etsy at LeVan Books - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LeVanBooks?ref=usf_2020
Fancy having a go at making your own notebook? Here’s a kit (affiliate link).